Zenefits 09/2016 - 02/2017
face Product Engineer, Core Services
place San Francisco, CA
- Helped launch the new version of the Semi-Manual Payroll product within the first two weeks of start date by fixing blocking bugs on the client-side application in EmberJS.
- Maintained and built new features with Django and EmberJS for the internal marketing email microservice to increase lead generation. Tasks included fixing routing issues, allowing internal users to build email templates with variables, fixing CSV parser errors, and facilitating communications between the main Zenefits application and the microservice.
- Created an overview table for background checks in EmberJS within the Hiring product to help administrator easily view consent forms and background checks in their organization, which reduced the amount of support tickets from customers by 10%.
- Built a graphical user interface table view for reports so customers no longer have to download each reports to provide a better user experience, complete with a filter and search feature for the Business Intelligence product.
- Fixed and maintained the Business Intelligence product by handling incoming support tickets and collaborating with designers/product managers/engineers on the revamp of the product.
Yiftee 11/2014 - 09/2016
face Front End Engineer / AngularJS Developer
place Menlo Park, CA
- Built data visualization tools with Angular/D3 to help users visualize the amount of gifting within their organization.
- Maintained and created backend APIs in Rails to work fluidly with our frontend Angular SPA.
- Integrated our product with partner companies such as Phizzle, MasterCard and Chegg to expand gifting platform.
- Built support tools to supply data to our customer service team to better support our customers and merchants.
- Taken on full ownership of features from initial discussion to final production such as importing contacts from CSV, integration of the MasterPass digital wallet and integration with sales tools such as Marketo.
Genomic Health 05/2011 - 07/2014
face Educational Coordinator, Histology
place Redwood City, CA
- Participated in platform migration over to a new Laboratory Information Management System by helping with the workflow design and user experience.
- Established a formal training program in the Histology department, led a team of 5 trainers to create a curriculum and training team and integrated training program onto SharePoint.
Bill Split 2016
Web Application that easily keeps track of bills with friends
- Built back-end using Node.js using Express 4 and Postgres
- Developed the front-end using React, Redux, Webpack
Our Meeting 2014
Service that provides a fully-featured video conferencing application to connect team members through the web
- Built back-end using Node.js, Express and Socket.io to integrate with the WebRTC library to initate connection and streaming of videos and messages between peers
Github Scout 2014
Web application that visually represents data on how people use GitHub
- Improved front-end layout and added loading status using Angular.js to enhance the user experience
- Improved data visualization of charts and graphs by fixing existing bugs and adding tooltips using D3.js
Social Search 2014
Web application that beautifully searches twitter, instagram and reddit
- Build out Node.js/Express back-end to pull data from twitter, instagram and reddit
- Integrated RESTful interface routing logic on the back-end to serve the most current data
- Used the Mocha framework for testing and Travis-CI for continuous integration
University of California, Irvine 2010
school Bachelor of Science, Biology
place Irvine, CA